Published: 05th October 2019
The Trainer Brainer: Here’s why you need to master critical thinking
To survive in this new era, there is a need for young people to be equipped with an important skill called critical thinking
The ever-changing job landscape is throwing new challenges for job seekers and aspirants. The youth must always be aware of the fact that the technological revolution is taking away many traditional job profiles and making work increasingly automated.
Though this is the reality, there are many opportunities available for the youth in the automated world. To survive in this new era, there is a need for them to be equipped with an important skill called critical thinking.
Critical thinking is all about analysing information, working towards a logical course of action, evaluating facts and working on solutions to problems. A critical thinker will always be a better option for the employers to be a prospective candidate for placement, rather than a person who cannot use their mind to think beyond themselves. With increasing competition, I would emphasise that critical thinking as a skill would be the ‘game-changer for the youth’ to be successful in their career development. It would also enable them to thrive in this futuristic economy and society that is dynamic and fast paced.
In this backdrop I urge the youth to take upon themselves the task of improving their thinking process with regard to career opportunities and work with determination towards their success. The importance of critical thinking can be better understood by going through the following points:
- Critical thinking is an intellectual discipline which employs the presence of mind to deal with any situation that may present itself.
- Critical thinking will help in enriching your core beliefs and strengths, and also empower you to take appropriate decisions at the appropriate time.
- Your problem-solving skills become refined and effective with critical thinking. You will learn to look at different perspectives.
- In case of decision-making, it
- enables a better understanding of the overall scenario using a step-by-step analysis of pros and cons of the situation.