Published: 08th May 2017
10 Things You Need To Do If You Want To Crack JEE Advanced On May 21
The JEE advanced are round the corner. Here are a few things that would help you crack it
With JEE Main 2017 cracked successfully, the next task for any aspiring IITian is to crack JEE Advanced 2017. So here are a few tricks for you!
1) With only a few days left, use the time effectively. Revise all concepts from your notes using tricks and analytical reasoning. Spend equal time to all three subjects.
2) Understand your limitations, opportunities, weakness and strengths. It's not the time to try anything fresh or difficult problems. revise and perfect the already learnt concepts.
3) JEE advanced requires enmeshed analytical skills and critical thinking. Hence, it is essential to understand the application of concepts well.
4) Set an agenda for the day based on your capabilities, which includes testing as well. a well-planned agenda with a regular mock test will help you to keep track of your preparation to progressive perfection.
5) Solving mock tests and past papers help to find your weakness. Strengthen these areas. Given the limited time frame in which JEE Advanced paper needs to be cracked, keep track of the time you take to solve a problem.
6) Strategy for answering the following possible types of questions:
Multiple Choice Single Correct: To run through the Question- Option- Question way is the best way to attempt these questions. Scanning the questions again with the options in minds, help you to approach the answer easily. Sometimes the options themselves will lead you to the correct answer.
Multiple Choice Multi Correct: These questions are the questions with least percentage of correct answers. Each question has to be solved and mapped with all options. It may also happen that the options are same values written in different forms. The odd one out (if any), will help you reach the correct mapping quickly.
Comprehension-Based: Read the concepts in Comprehension even if you know the concepts, as there are chances of redefining a concept or providing hypothetical assumptions.
Matrix Match type: If the question is of One to One matching, then your approach should be finding.
Integer Answer Type: These questions are time taking as they are the subjective questions converted to objective. Treat them as subjective and solve them if you are familiar with the topic. These questions have a low scoring statistical record.
Assertion Reasoning Type: These questions are rare these days. But in case they are asked, make sure both the statements are correct as it is very tricky to decide between the options A and B.
7) Don't overstress yourself- Five to six hours of sleep every night is a must, especially few days before IIT-JEE to keep you physically and mentally fit. Naps help you to regain freshness but avoid over-sleeping.
8) On the Examination day, go through the entire question paper first, assess and prioritise the questions that you are very familiar with. Keep the difficult ones towards the end during the second attempt after finishing the paper in 45 minutes to 1 hour.
9) Priortise order of answering; subject and question wise. Avoid black-box type. Increase your rank by avoiding negative marks. Attempt the questions which do not carry negative marks.
10) Have faith in yourself. You should feel confident with your focused tested preparation
(The listicle was prepared with the help of inputs by RL Trikha, Director, FITJEE)