Published: 11th May 2018
TFI opens internships for college students, here's how you can apply
Intern with Teach for India, Chennai this summer - Explore teaching little ones from Grade 2 to Grade 8 for 45 days and develop your personal leadership skills through your internship
Teach for India has come up with a brilliant opportunity for pre-final year college students to intern with them in Chennai for 45 days starting June 1, 2018, till July 15, 2018.
While interning with them, one can explore teaching little ones from Grade 2 to Grade 8 for a time span of 45 days and thus develop personal leadership skills through the experience.
During the internship:
● The intern will be placed with one of Teach for India's placement schools (Low-fee private schools/ Corporation schools) for a period of 45 days starting June 1st, 2018.
● Schools will remain open from 8.30 AM - 3 PM and the intern would be required to teach for a minimum of 4 hours a day starting at 8.30 AM.
● Teach for India's placement schools are spread across North, South and Central Chennai and they will try to place the intern in a school within reasonable proximity of their residence or college.
● The intern will receive support from the school team (comprising of 2nd year Fellows who are already teaching in the school) through the internship
● During the time span of 45 days, the intern will have one induction session and also 2 personal leadership development sessions conducted by one of their experienced Program Managers
● Finally, the intern will receive a certificate of excellence from Teach for India after completion of the internship.
One is asked to apply for the internship if -
● One is passionate about challenging the status-quo and wants to make a difference
● If one believes that education is the game-changer and the most powerful tool of intervention in our society
● Most importantly if one is hard-working and willing to commit & honour their commitment for the given period
● Also if one loves interacting with children and is keen to explore teaching
Apply for the internship, sign up here before May 20th, 2018.