Published: 19th February 2019
Board exams 2019 tips: Here's all that you can and cannot do inside the exam hall
Don't forget to carry the admit card/hall ticket and all the necessary stationery. In case you write a wrong answer, ensure that you strike it out with a single line
Now that the exams are around the corner, there are a few things that you have to ensure before stepping into the battleground...oops, we meant exam hall! Don't stress over these. Ensure you have this sorted, stay calm and you're good to go.
- Irrespective of the books prescribed by your school, ensure that you always refer to the NCERT textbooks, carefully.
- Use ONLY a black or blue ball pen to write your exam.
- Ensure that you use an extra dark HB pencil for drawings.
- Wear simple cotton clothes to avoid feeling uncomfortable and distracting yourself.
- In case you write a wrong answer, ensure that you strike it out with a single line.
- Don't forget to carry the admit card/hall ticket and all the necessary stationery.
- Report cases of Juvenile Diabetes and any other medical conditions that need special arrangement beforehand with appropriate supporting documents.
- Tik tok. You're on the clock. Be on time. Even if a five-minute delay is excused in most places, exam halls are exceptions. You might be denied entry.
- Avoid using a gel pen or an ink pen. The ink may not dry in time and that could cause smudging or smearing.
- Give your phone a rest. Do not bring any communication or electronics gadget to the exam hall.
- Your brain is way sharper than any machine. So, think about bidding farewell to your calculator. Do all the calculations in your head.
- Since none of us are Picasso, we do tend to make mistakes while drawing diagrams. So, use a pencil and rectify errors when needed.
- Presentation matters. Therefore, never strike out errors roughly or scribble on the paper.
- Even if you've got the gift of the gab, stay quiet for three hours (it's not that long!). Even a simple gesture could land you in trouble. So, keep your eyes on your paper and quietly answer the questions.