Published: 22nd September 2018
How to be proactive during your job search and career? Here are five tips to be successful
A proactive job search is a win-win situation, both for the candidate as well as the employer
The search for a potential job does not end with exploring just one opportunity. Instead, it has to be sustained to the extent that a professional fit is accomplished by the candidates. The employment market is now beyond borders wherein any candidate from anywhere can aspire to get absorbed into positions that are available in various sectors, especially the corporates and lest we forget the governmental sector.
A proactive job search is a win-win situation, both for the candidate as well as the employer. Modern trends indicate that employers are facing hardships to choose on the basis of mere applications since candidates applying for positions are not bearing in mind what is expected of them. On the candidates’ side, there is either complacency or reluctance with regard to projecting themselves as a serious candidate who is worth it.
The following points can help them towards being proactive while seeking a job, which would be very beneficial to them in their professional life.
• Learning about the potential employer is essential since only when they are sensitised to the professional aspects of the prospective organisation they will be better prepared to assess their own potential and its suitability.
• There must be an understanding of the process of employment selection that an organisation is likely to adopt. This would give them a mental balance to be calm and composed when they step into the selection process.
• Build a reasonably good online profile. These days, most recruitment is done with a background check on the social profile of the candidate that is available online. LinkedIn and many other similar options are available for the candidates.
• Work on your credentials to showcase to the employers that you have the necessary qualifications to be considered for the selection. The credentials will have to be professionally and uniquely presented so that the employers will have a good impression of your candidature.
• Go after what you want and don’t settle for something that is not your best option. When you are determined to get the best possible job placement, your actions will also go the same way.
Proactive job seekers are always successful because they exhibit confidence and enthusiasm, which are key determinants in conveying the abilities of a candidate in a job selection environment.
Moreover, it also can be a great foundation for the candidate to leverage whatever advantage they possess within themselves in terms of educational qualifications and skills. Only when one attempts, one can succeed!