Delhi coaching centre deaths: Court rejects bail pleas of SUV driver, basement co-owners

Judicial Magistrate Vinod Kumar rejected the bail plea of driver Manuj Kathuria and basement owners Tejinder Singh
"All the bail applications are dismissed," the judge said
"All the bail applications are dismissed," the judge saidEdexLive Desk
Published on: 

Today, Wednesday, July 31, a court in New Delhi, rejected the bail pleas of an SUV driver and four owners of the coaching centre basement in the Old Rajender Nagar area which was flooded with rainwater and led to the death of three Civil Services aspirants. This was stated in a report by PTI.

Judicial Magistrate Vinod Kumar rejected the bail plea of driver Manuj Kathuria and basement owners Tejinder Singh, Parvinder Singh, Harvinder Singh, and Sarabjeet Singh.

"All the bail applications are dismissed," the judge said.

In addition, Kathuria has been accused of driving his Force Gurkha car through the street that was flooded by rainwater, causing the water to swell and breach the gates of the three-storey building and inundate the basement.

The four co-owners have been charged with abetting the offences. The five accused were arrested on Monday, July 29.

Furthermore, earlier on Sunday, July 28, a magisterial court had sent to Rau's IAS Study Circle owner Abhishek Gupta and coordinator Deshpal Singh to 14 days of judicial custody.

Police have registered a First Information Report (FIR) under the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS) sections 105 (culpable homicide), 106(1) (death of any person by doing any rash or negligent act not amounting to culpable homicide), 115(2) (punishment for voluntarily causing hurt) and 290 (negligent conduct concerning pulling down, repairing or constructing buildings).

Related Stories

No stories found.
logo
EdexLive
www.edexlive.com