Published: 22nd May 2020
Tips to prepare for LIC AAO Specialist Prelims 2020 Examination: What to read and practice
Timely completion of the syllabus along with practising of several mock tests are the two most significant things to ensure that you qualify the exam with a good score
LIC AAO Specialist and LIC Assistant Engineer Prelims 2020 Exam will be held soon. All the aspirants must pull up their socks and prepare efficiently for the upcoming LIC AAO Prelims 2020 Examination. The LIC AE/AAO Prelims 2020 Exam demands a stronghold in all three sections - Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, and English. The best way to ace the exam is by systematically completing the entire syllabus along with numerous mock tests and quizzes as self-check and continuous improvements. Every serious aspirant must be consistent in their exam preparation and follow the curated study plan honestly.
Timely completion of the syllabus along with practising of several mock tests are the two most significant things to ensure that you qualify the exam with a good score and with ease. In this article, you will find a wholesome preparation strategy for LIC AAO Specialist Prelims 2020 Examination.
Preparation Strategy for LIC AAO Specialist: Quantitative Aptitude
The Quantitative Aptitude section consists of 35 questions to be solved in 20 minutes. There are three aspects that must be kept in mind to succeed in this section.
1. Curate all the important formulas and shortcuts in one place. It is very important that you memorise all the formulas properly for faster and accurate solutions. You must revise your formula notes every day.
2. You must cover all the techniques and formulas of all topics and then solve all the questions given in a particular chapter.
3. Mock tests are highly recommended for this section. You must begin with sectional tests and then eventually moving on to full-length tests.
Preparation Strategy for LIC AAO Specialist: Reasoning Ability
Similarly in this section, 35 questions are to be solved in 20 minutes. This is usually easy-going section and demand mental alertness and logical skills.
1. You must learn the tricks to solve the questions speedily and remain consistent with the same trick.
2. If you are taking too much time to solve a particular question, move on and return later to re-attempt the question. For better preparation of the LIC AAO Specialist Prelims 2020 Exam, you can also refer to Gradeup and can get access to numerous expert-curated study material, test series, quizzes, and much more.
Preparation Strategy for LIC AAO Specialist: English Language
The English language is one section that can be solved easily within the time limit. The only time-consuming questions are comprehension.
1. You must curate a habit of reading which will help you in vocabulary, grammar rules, and comprehension.
2. Assemble all the vocabulary and grammar rules section in one place as it requires regular revision. The more you revise the vocabulary section, the better shall be your retention for the exam.
3. Practice the English language section using quizzes and test series to improve accuracy and speed.
Some General tips for LIC AAO Specialist Prelims 2020 Examination
-After solving each mock test, you must analyze the paper for frequent mistakes and errors. Before starting each test, work on the gaps in the preparation and frequent mistakes to make subsequent corrections and improvements
-Always time your mock test as there is a sectional time limit of 20 minutes for each section. You must practice accordingly to improve your speed and time management.
-Prepare a study plan as per the syllabus, weightage of various topics, and time left for the examination. Follow the study plan diligently for a timely and systematic preparation.
-Previous year papers are one such resource that must not be skipped. Practise and solve past year papers to determine where you stand in the preparation and make relevant and required corrections with improvements.
-Choose and decide wisely. You must limit the booklist and focus on quality over quality.
-Prioritise the exam preparation. As per the time left for the examination, prioritise the topic according to your capability and strengths, if you are weak in a topic, spend more time on it to gain efficiency.
Lastly, remain consistent in your exam preparation. Due to the uncertainty around the exam date and the lockdown, it might be overwhelming. You must take the support of your friends and family and focus all your energy on preparing for the upcoming LIC AAO Specialist Prelims 2020 exam.